Language localization

Hello!
Thank you so much for this project!
Guys, do you plan to develop some way to localize the project? Unfortunately, if I understand correctly, now all the texts and labels are inside the source code :frowning:

1 Like

Hey there!

Localization is planned, I’m just not sure when I’ll find the time to do this. Since you’re already the second one to ask about it, I might give it more priority. Other than that, PRs welcome :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Count me in for Romanian translation.

and me for German translation. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Localization is now available! See this docs article about how to translate Vikunja in your language.

I’ve added the languages mentioned in this thread, ping me if you want to translate Vikunja in another language not available yet.

1 Like

I want to contribute my efforts by translating into Vietnamese

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’ve added Vietnamese to available languages in crowdin so you should be able to translate it now. Please also take a look at the docs about the process.

1 Like

Completed 100%. It’s a pleasure to contribute.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’ve added Vietnamese to the available languages - you should now be able to select it as a language in the user settings. The CI is currently in the process of releasing a new unstable build with it, feel free to check it out in ~30 min on try.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I am experiencing it and very happy.
In the process of using, I will optimize the translation more and adjust it on crowdin.com

1 Like

Hello and happy to help!

I’ve seen on Vikunja translations in Crowdin that only 41% is translated into the Dutch language. I’ll try to get it to 100% by the end of this year.

1 Like