Change language interface

Hello!
And big thanks for this cool api.

Do creators of vikunja planning to add other languages?

I interested a russian lang.
If this already have it, please help me suggest how to install it.

:slight_smile:

Hi llia!

Currently, the frontend is not capable of being translated. I have that on the roadmap though.

Thank you. But I’ve decide to level up my english. So it doesn’t matter now. :wink:

1 Like

Localization is now available! See this docs article about how to translate Vikunja in your language.

I’ve added russian as a language available for translation so if you want to contribute to Vikunja, that’d be an excellent way to do so :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be great to cover the whole app, as a lot of english remains :slight_smile:

Agreed :slight_smile:

If you find any strings that are not fully translated (depending on the language) you can contribute to the translations on crowdin. If you find strings that are not translatable, don’t hesitate to open an issue to add them to crowdin.

That’s mostly the api that needs efforts now. The frontpage is quite ok actually.

Yeah everything API related (I’m assuming you’re talking mostly about emails?) is completely untranslated at this point. That’ll be another effort, starting by saving the language of the user in the db.

I saw that.
I’d be OK to make the French crowdin but that means you create the json keys before.