Gantt display wrong date

Hello,
I am trying to create a weekly task, but gantt graph shows exactly one day before the schedule.
My task is set like this. I expect it to be a weekly task and to be done during, say, 10 A.M. to 11 A.M. on each Saturday, as shown in the screen shoot:

While Gantt shows this task on Friday:

Another question is, could gannt shows the task every week, instead of only the upcoming week? For example, it is expected to show the task on 8 Jan, 15 Jan, 22 Jan, etc.

Blow is additional information if it helps.

I install Vikunja through docker-compose follow this article with additional env vars:
VIKUNJA_SERVICE_ENABLEREGISTRATION: 0
VIKUNJA_SERVICE_TIMEZONE: Asia/Shanghai
PS: the problem seems do nothing with timezone because ‘upcoming’ page shows exactly the right time.

Thanks for reading!

Screen shoot’s here:

Hi!

That sounds like a bug - will take a look. It seems like this only happens for dates within the same day (with different hours) and not with tasks that span multiple days.

The gantt chart is kind of buggy in general, I’m looking into reworking the implementation of it but have been putting it off since it’s going to be quite a bit of work.

Did you try changing the range?

Thanks for reply!

Got it.

Sorry, do you mean to try different intervals in “SET A REPEATING INTERVAL”? It doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried every day, every week, every two week and every month, only the upcoming one is shown on gantt chart.

The repeating interval doesn’t have any effect on the gantt chart. Only the start and end dates have.

I meant the date settings on the top right corner of the Gantt chart, that’s where you can set what range it will show and the precision.

Alright… I got that. Thanks for your reply. Just a thought, could it be a better idea if gantt chart shows repeating task? If so, it might be easier to check upcoming tasks in gantt.

If it would show up in the gantt chart, what dates (we need a start and end date) should be used if the task only has a repeating interval?

If you want to check upcoming tasks I’d set a due date for them and use the “upcoming” view.