Filter Table View not sorting

While I was testing a workaround for my workflow by using the table view of a filter, it seems there is a possible regression there in my testing (which would be an okay workaround if it would have worked).

This is the case both in the most recent version of vikunja, but also on try. I have also tried on firefox and chrome

I am unable to sort the filter’s table view by clicking on the Due Date. This is on Try (Vikunja).

Should be fixed in 895263f054 - please check with the next unstable build in ~30 min.

Hello, sorry for the lack of response (been busy at work).

Unfortunately this does not seem to solve the issue. I did seperately solve this issue myself by editing the database directly - by modifying filter payload to change the sort_by to due_date. I am still willing to test around if this can get fixed if needed though to help improve the project instead of doing hackish things

I did find another issue though in a more recent build (compared to a couple days ago where I did not notice this) - I would make a new topic but I’m also unsure what to call it.

It seems like with the most recent build, if I swap between lists/filters, the list display shows values from the other list/filters that are not related to the one I was on… not entirely sure if I’m articulating it correctly,

but say if there’s listA and listB. listA has test1,test2,test3 and listB has test4,test5,test6 tasks (list → projects in terms of the latest builds)

If I first click on listA, it will display test1,test2,test3
however if I then click on listB, it will still display test1,test2,test3 (while denoting that those tasks are part of listA)

I currently have f.lux on as I will be sleeping soon…so my images will likely be in black and white, but from try:

^ initial click on 1st list

^ after clicking on 2nd list

to reset this, it seems I would need to either refresh the page…

or to click on the overview/upcoming/projects/labels/teams view, then the new list in question which sort of becomes a lot of clicks or refreshing that seems like a bug.

I’ve checked this again on unstable just now, and it seems to work fine. Can you share the filter you created? Can be the full json as it’s saved in the database.

This should be fixed in ac6c4cf2bc - please check with the next unstable build, you know how it works.

I pulled the unstable just now (Should be these frontend and api commits)

This should be fixed in ac6c4cf2bc - please check with the next unstable build, you know how it works.

I can confirm that this has been fixed when I updated to the unstable build. Thank you!

I’ve checked this again on unstable just now, and it seems to work fine. Can you share the filter you created? Can be the full json as it’s saved in the database.

Hmm… on the latest version, it does seem to be working now. I wonder if I accidentally clicked on the other columns making it do something unpredictable before I clicked on the due_date initially. Sorry for the trouble!

I did find a pair of not too breaking issues that were also there before (which contributed to me using the database to edit in the project_lists.) Though I’m also not entirely clear on what causes the issue. I’ll write this up in a new bug post later when I get time+maybe do some more testing, since it has to do with creating a new saved_filter with a lot of project_id’s in the system rather than the filter table view.

Thanks!

EDIT: Hmm, on second thought, if I could do this with the list view it would be way better, since I can’t complete tasks from table mode.

1 Like