Bug - "project.lists" and weird errors with list selection on filters

In addition to the incorrect “project.lists” string on the filter editor, I’m unable to effectively use this function at all…

Here are the behaviours I’m seeing:

• When I start typing the name of a list, it won’t show that list, even based on partial or full string match.
  • If I type a random letter from within the list name, it may show, may not.
  • When re-opened the list has disappeared, and one entry is shown of the filters name (not a list name).
  • Adding new lists breaks the filter, so you have to ‘x’ the lot and try and add them.

Is it possible to get this fixed? It basically prevents filters from being usable so I’m surprised it’s not already been picked up?

Many thanks!

Is that reproducible on try?

It’s not, plus on ‘try’ it shows the string correctly as “Projects”. Either it’s something odd with my install/data (I’d rather not clear and start again) or perhaps a bug in the localisation? On my instance it’s as if the dropdown search functions but there’s a character/language issue (though that doesn’t explain it changing what’s selected).

Here’s pics:

Searching “isa”:

But when searching “s”:

(checked and text case doesn’t seem to matter)

And regardless of which lists are chosen (if you persever with the odd searching), upon saving the filter will only list itself under the project.lists list.

It might already be fixed (the localization thing definitely is fixed). try runs the last unstable build which might contain fixes not yet included in the last stable release.

Thanks, I’ve just tried this. The string is fixed, but the weird behaviour above with searching/dropdown is remains unchanged. The filter has stopped listing itself under the “Projects” list though, however now the list is empty yet it is linked to 3 lists. Odd.

How is the hierarchy of the “Isabelle” and “School Tasks” projects? Is one a sub project of the other?

You mean it is empty when editing the filter?

If I edit “School Tasks” now, it’s empty - but the list is filtering correctly:

Sorry - I’m guessing my install is a bit messed up as I’m sure others would report if this was a bug? But other than this single issue I’ve had no problems, just this projects selector in filters. I can just about work with it, but if there is some underlying data corruption issue that’s not ideal so would be good to get to the bottom of it.

Thanks for all your work on this!

No worries!

This looks a lot like a bug. It should not show other filters in the list of projects when adding a filter.

And it looks like the project selection does not get repopulated when you edit the filter?

Yes, that’s correct - it seems pretty odd behaviour. I’d assumed one filter could use another filter as a source, but now I think about it that does seem like it would over complicate things. If you’ve specifically coded it not to do that, it’s weird it’s working that way!?

The behaviour has changed a little since moving to the ‘unstable’ build. Other filters do show in the dropdown, but when clicked they aren’t being accepted to the list. Parent projects are, but when selected it doesn’t filter to child projects (that may be by design though).

The dropdown filter is still not right (having to use random letters to search, not actually matching the project/list name correctly). Once they have been located, they show correctly (i.e. as a tag style with the little X beside them). They must save correctly as the filter then works correctly, but on editing the list is blank.

May be two separate issues - one driving the dropdown filter/search, and one recalling the linked projects. I’m happy to give you access to my instance if it would help diagnose the issue.

Thanks!

Just noticed I only took the ‘unstable’ front end and not api - pulling that now in case it’s the issue. Sorry.

I noticed because I was getting ‘not found’ when trying to add a task, so assume the API has changed a bit too. Hopefully your ‘unstable’ isn’t too unstable!?

Ha, ok so slight revision to the behaviour I’d outlined above based on the image change (‘no found’ error sorted now so that’s good):

The dropdown filter is still not right (having to use random letters to search, not actually matching the project/list name correctly). Once they have been located, they show correctly (i.e. as a tag style with the little X beside them). They must save correctly as the filter then works correctly, but on editing the list shows some projects/lists but not others!

Actually, I took another look and the filters were not filtered out. They are now with 27d0f0fed4, available to test with the next unstable build.

Yes, that’s by design.

I was not able to reproduce this. Some projects seem to show up multiple times (fixed in 61bce2b349), but searching seems to work. Which database are you using? (this might depend on the db used)

Which projects are not shown? Does this work for you on try?

The issues aren’t reproduceable on ‘try’ which makes me think my DB is somehow the issue. It’s using “mariadb:10” which I assume was one of the recommended/available options as per your docs when I first setup the containers a year or two back. I wonder if it’s time to start clean? Is there an easy way to backup and restore entries - of course, that could just take the buggy data with it. I’ll have to copy everything over manually - there’s not a huge amount, but it does worry me a bit in case it happens again. Any other ideas!? Thanks!

try also uses Mariadb. When did you last pull? Does your version include the two fixes I’ve mentioned in my last comment?

Sounds like vikunja dump is your friend here.

Yes, latest ‘unstable’ from docker I believe:

Frontend Version: 0.21.0+352-cc3c1a9429
API Version: v0.21.0+210-1ed65d306d

I’ll try to dump and restore into a new instance when I get chance and let you know how that goes.