Open ctrl+k search result as a "Temporary" Saved Fillter

Hi,

what do you think of having the result of a “ctrl+k” search (or another dedicated search) be displayed the same way a saved filter is upon hitting the “enter” key? I find this view easier to work with than just the “ctrl+k” popup, which is for me another use case:

• I want to find a task, I know it has label “test” => I hit “ctrl+k” and do my search to find it back
  • I want to list all tasks with label “test” to make a review and see if I have to do anything => I hit “ctrl+k” enter my search, hit “enter” key, and I’m in a view like a saved filter but it’s temporary.

What would be the advantage of this over a saved filter?

If the “upcoming” view had all filter options of a saved filter or list view would that work?

1 Like

What would be the advantage of this over a saved filter?

I guess saved filter is when you ask yourself regularly the same question, while here I’d like to make a one shot request. But maybe this would combine well in terms of workflow: I write my search in the ctrl+k view, I end up on the “upcoming” result view and I like it so I save it ?

If the “upcoming” view had all filter options of a saved filter or list view would that work?

Definitely, it’s not a question of arriving on a brand shiny view. It’s just being able to use the convenience of the ctrl+k search and end up on a page where viewing my results would be more comfortable. So definitely ending on a saved filter like view is perfect.

1 Like

I like that idea.

I’ve added an item for that to the backlog. Ideally I’d like to do something with this once the filters are reworked.

1 Like