My Frontend cant create task

Backend is success.

but has a question when i create a new task on frontend website.

This is my nginx config:

server {
  listen 80;
  listen [::]:80;
  server_name zsm.wiki;
  rewrite ^(.*)$ https://${server_name}$1 permanent;
}

server {
  listen 443 ssl http2;
  listen [::]:443 ssl http2;
  server_name zsm.wiki;
  charset utf-8;

  ssl_protocols TLSv1.1 TLSv1.2;
  ssl_ciphers ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE:ECDH:AES:HIGH:!NULL:!aNULL:!MD5:!ADH:!RC4;
  ssl_ecdh_curve secp384r1;
  ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;
  ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:10m;
  ssl_session_timeout 10m;
  ssl_session_tickets off;
  ssl_certificate /home/coderkeung/zsm.wiki/sslfile/zsm.wiki.crt;
  ssl_certificate_key /home/coderkeung/zsm.wiki/sslfile/zsm.wiki.key;

  location / {
    root   /home/coderkeung/zsm.wiki/sitefile;
    try_files $uri $uri/ /;
    index  index.html index.htm;
  }
  location ~* ^/(api|dav|\.well-known)/ {
    proxy_pass http://localhost:8001;
    client_max_body_size 20M;
  }

https://zsm.wiki/api/v1/info =>

{"version":"v0.21.0","frontend_url":"","motd":"","link_sharing_enabled":true,"max_file_size":"20MB","registration_enabled":true,"available_migrators":["vikunja-file","ticktick"],"task_attachments_enabled":true,"enabled_background_providers":["upload"],"totp_enabled":true,"legal":{"imprint_url":"","privacy_policy_url":""},"caldav_enabled":true,"auth":{"local":{"enabled":true},"openid_connect":{"enabled":false,"redirect_url":"\u003cfrontend url\u003e","providers":null}},"email_reminders_enabled":true,"user_deletion_enabled":true,"task_comments_enabled":true}

vikunja is a great project, thank you to the developers for their efforts!

I hope to get help! :grinning:

Which frontend version are you using?

Hey, I’m running into the same error.

I installed Vikunja just today, my backend is on v0.21 (precompiled windows x64) and my frontend is on “dev” (self-build frontend, because i’m serving from a subdirectory).

When I’m trying to create a task in a project, I get a 404 error:
task_not_ok

However, I can create new projects or new labels just fine. Also, the problem does not appear when using the windows desktop application (v0.21). I just happens when using the web frontend.

My /vikunja/api/v1/info returns:
{"version":"v0.21.0","frontend_url":"","motd":"","link_sharing_enabled":true,"max_file_size":"20MB","registration_enabled":true,"available_migrators":["vikunja-file","ticktick"],"task_attachments_enabled":true,"enabled_background_providers":["upload"],"totp_enabled":true,"legal":{"imprint_url":"","privacy_policy_url":""},"caldav_enabled":true,"auth":{"local":{"enabled":true},"openid_connect":{"enabled":false,"redirect_url":"\u003cfrontend url\u003e","providers":null}},"email_reminders_enabled":true,"user_deletion_enabled":true,"task_comments_enabled":true}

The current unstable build is not compatible with a release. You should always use either the same release version or the last unstable builds for both.

To fix your setup you have two possibilities:

  1. Build the frontend from the 0.21.0 release tag
  2. Switch to an unstable api build

Thank you so much for the quick reply. The problem indeed occured due to a version mismatch. I have to admit that I just mindlessly git clone’d the dev repository. Now that I rebuilt the frontend from a v0.21 release version, everything works flawlessly. At least my problem should be solved now.

Thank you for taking the time!

1 Like