Hide tasks where Start Date is in future

New user here - I absolutely love this tool! Is there (or would it be possible to have) an option where tasks with a start date in the future can be hidden? If I have future tasks, I don’t necessarily want them cluttering up my lists until they become relevant. That said, I may want to reveal them if I have to edit the task details. Just a thought - and there may be a way to do this already that I’ve missed.

Thanks for creating this amazing tool!

Hi! Glad you’re liking it.

I think right now you would need to create a custom filter for these kinds of things. You could manually filter them in the list views but if you want that to persist you’ll need to create a custom filter.

Hello, I just started experimenting with Vikunja and registered here to basically ask the exact same question. I feel that the default behaviour for the “Upcoming” tab should be to show only tasks that are past the “Start date”. At the moment, when I have recurring daily task that I have completed for today, it will immediately show up again in the “Upcoming” tab even though I can’t even work on it until tomorrow.

I don’t know exactly what the “Start date” is currently used for, but I’m using it to mark the date after which the task is “workable”. If the task is not workable, there is no point in even showing it in the task list, right?

Would love to see that as well, kind of how Things does it. tasks.org also has an option to hide not started tasks.

Would be great to have this, yes!