Global Filter View

Hello everyone,

I’ve been searching for a feature within our task management system that allows for a global filter view. Let me elaborate on what I mean and the specific use cases I have in mind.

What I’m Looking For:

I’m in need of a functionality that enables me to filter all tasks in the system across projects based on a defined set of filters. Essentially, I want to be able to see a comprehensive list of tasks that meet certain criteria without having to navigate through individual projects.

Use Case Scenarios:

1. Employee Task Management:
  • In my organization, I often need to oversee the tasks assigned to specific employees. Having a global filter view would allow me to easily see all the tasks a particular employee is working on by filtering based on the assignee field.
  1. Personal Task Organization:
  • Personally, I find it beneficial to have a consolidated view of all my tasks across different projects. This helps me stay organized and ensures that nothing falls through the cracks. With a global filter view, I would be able to filter all tasks assigned to me, regardless of the project they belong to.

Desired Functionality:

Ideally, the global filter view should offer the flexibility to set and save custom filters, allowing users to tailor their task views according to their specific needs. Additionally, it should support filtering based on various criteria such as assignee, priority, status, due date, etc.

Conclusion:

Having a global filter view functionality would greatly enhance our task management process, providing users with a more efficient way to access and manage their tasks across projects. If anyone has insights on how to achieve this within our task management system or knows of any relevant tools or plugins, your input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hello and welcome!

What you’re describing already exists. In Vikunja, go to Projects > New saved filter (on the top right corner). Once you create the filter, it allows you to view all tasks which that filter applies to in a view similar to a project.

1 Like

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for!