Repeatable tasks appear to just have start/due dates reset, instead of creating a clone

I’m coming here from this other thread: Temporary marking as done on recurring tasks

Just wanted to throw in my two cents.

I personally don’t see the need to have a recurring task create a duplicate of itself. That would cause a lot of clutter by having duplicate tasks in the completed list.

Like the user in that other thread though, I would really like to see an option for a recurring task marked as Done to stay marked as Done. For example, if I have a bunch of daily tasks that have a due date of today, I want to be able to mark them as done to remove them from the Upcoming view. I don’t need to immediately see that task back in the Upcoming view because I’ve already completed it.

It would make more sense to me to have recurring tasks get reset at midnight instead of immediately. If there was an option for “reset immediately” or “reset at set time” I think that would be ideal. Similar to how you have the “Repeat Mode” dropdown on the task, there could be a “Reset Mode” option, or something like that, with a similar dropdown.

1 Like