Mention/tag users/tasks in a task's description/comments

Hello,

I’m self-hosting Vikunja for a while now, and it’s truely awesome to use with a very clean, professional and yet modern looking graphical interface.
Keep up the amazing work!

Would be great to have a feature which makes it possible to mention/tag other users or tasks in the task description and/or the comments.
Like with a @user or #! to open the tasklist and search for a task you want to link to for instance.

I don’t know if there is already something on the backlog for this, I’ve searched through the Feature Discussion category as well as the public Frontend tasks & the public API tasks on Vikunja, but couldn’t really find anything that addresses this feature.

Thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work!

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the nice words!

Using @username to mention someone already works, there’s just no autocompletion for it. There are plans to include autocompletion once we got rid of easymde.

Wow, I did not know mentioning users was already included ! Fantastic, can’t wait for auto-completion :slight_smile:

Hi @kolaente, is autcomplete already implemented anywhere, like the assign-to-user box?

It appears that you need to type the complete username to add a user to a team or assign a task to a user, which means you need to, e.g., browse the database to find the user names, if I’m not mistaken.

Nevermind! I see that if the users gave a name, and have enabled discoverable-by-name, then suggestions will be provided by autocomplete.

1 Like

This isn’t implemented for comments yet, is it? I just tried with the current unstable v0.23.0+491-61ee0bd5e2 and it seems to work just fine when adding users to a team, but I couldn’t get a name completed in a comment or a in task description

Autocomplete for mentions isn’t implemented anywhere (yet).

1 Like