Gantt display wrong

Very interesting, here’s what that looks like for me:

Everything seems to work fine for me. There was a bug with the display when setting the schedule to “monthly” though.

When I set the task start date to january 1st and the end date to january 15th, I did notice an issue with it:

But nothing like how you were able to reproduce it.

What browser are you using? What version?

What is the locale (and time zone) set to on your pc?

Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Majaro Linux 5.15.12-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Dec 29 18:08:07 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TIME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_MONETARY=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=“en_US.UTF-8”
LC_PAPER=en_US.UTF-8
LC_NAME=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=en_US.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=en_US.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=en_US.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=en_US.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

Local time: Wed 2022-01-12 14:46:46 EST
Universal time: Wed 2022-01-12 19:46:46 UTC
RTC time: Wed 2022-01-12 19:46:46
Time zone: America/New_York (EST, -0500)
System clock synchronized: yes
NTP service: active
RTC in local TZ: no

Oh interesting… I was collecting screens for a few browsers across OSs and I found the same issue on both:

Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit) Majaro Linux KDE
Chrome Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (x86_64) macOS Monterey Version 12.1

Then I moved to:

Firefox 95.0.2 (64-bit) Majaro Linux KDE

And the problem does not occur…

It seems like a chrome specific bug, which would explain why the standalone electron app has the same issue.

UPDATE:
Threw the vikunja frontend on one of my local servers and fronted it with caddy and set it to use my locally running backend. Confmed that the gantt chart error shows up in Chrome but not in Firefox. If you need any more data or testing, let me know, but at least this provides an option.

Further updating this… I tested this on two different Windows 10 laptops running Firefox and they have the same issue as Chrome so I only have this working in Firefox on Linux.

Just to clarify these are the steps used to reproduce:

  1. Create a new task
  2. Set the start date to 2021-12-01
  3. Set the end date to 2021-12-15
  4. Open the gantt view
  5. Set the gantt dates in the chart from 2021-12-01 to 2021-12-31

I’ve tried to reproduce this using these steps in Chrome and Firefox on browserstack but it seems to work fine (other than the white bar at the right):

I’ve been looking into replacing / refactoring the gantt chart component in general but I won’t have time in the near future to do that. I think this will be the best way to fix these problems.

This matches my experience of Firefox on Linux (nixos).

I’m also having a similar issue with this.

  • Using Windows 11
  • Firefox 97.0.1
  • Vikunja being hosted on Raspberry Pi 4 8GB, via Docker.

My months display as one month behind, from 12 months prior:

Please let me know how I can be of any assistance to fix this.