Eisenhower Matrix Visualization for tasks

Recently, I’ve been looking at using the Eisenhower matrix to prioritize and organise my tasks.

This simple method involves 4 tags - important, not important, urgent, not urgent. Every task gets two of these tags and then gets placed in a quadrant on the matrix somewhat resembling the image -

Conceptually it should be easy to implement as each task gets categorized into the four quadrants and then a visualization of the tasks on the overview page would be helpful.

What do others think about this feature?

2 Likes

I think this could be built on top of labels. I’m not sure though if that would be a feature for Vikunja’s core, but maybe as a plugin? (once we have plugins)

1 Like

We would need exactly this right now!
Since we already have GANTT, Kanban & co in the views, I see no harm adding Matrix as another default view. Then at some point in the future all of them might become plugins.

I think this could be roughly emulated in Kanban if it would support automatic grouping and sorting of columns: group by priority (importance) and sort by due date (urgency).

I think that would be the way to go here. While useful, Matrix is probably not something a lot of people use. It might be possible to combine this with label grouping (once that’s implemented)