Caldav and ios?

Hello,

I know that caldav is tricky and still in “alpha-stage” but as it’s really useful for me, i’m sending these hints hoping to make it work :wink:

Tested to setup caldav on ios and it didn’t work… i recall that ios wants you to use an email address as a login = have you tried ? is this as simple as that to fix ?
Baikal’s caldav works fine with ios = anything you can learn from there ?

Also tested caldav on android with task_org using their build in caldav connection. it works to retrieve tasks a first time from vikunja, it also works the other way to add tasks from tasks.org to vikunja.
But after this first connection, task_org doesn’t seem to add any new task from vikunja when i sync… are you having the same problem ? How to you manage to connect vikunja to android (what apps are you using successfully ?)
Regards

Yeah as far as I’m aware ios doesn’t really like Vikunja’s caldav implementation.

Did you try to use the email address you used when creating the account?

Tasks.org works fine for me. What version are you using? What Vikunja version?

I hope to get the frontend packaged as an installable app. Until then you are probably better off with using the pwa.

Did you try to use the email address you used when creating the account?

Just tried… the credential are accepted but the calendars remain empty :frowning:

Tasks_org works fine for me. What version are you using? What Vikunja version?

My bad : the sync in Tasks_org app is not automatic, i have to check my settings – anyhow, it’s a tasks_org issue, nothing to do with vikunja :slight_smile: