Can't access anymore to Vinkunja

Hi! I’ve used a few days Vikunja without any problem, deployed with a Portainer Stack. Now I can’t access to the app/web page.
Thins is the message in the app/web page.
vikunja

I’ve found in api and db logs a error related to users, but i’m totally newbie with this things and i can’t interpretate it and how to solve it.

Vikunja db log

Vikunja API logs

Any idea how to solve it? Thanks

Does it work in a private tab?

You have this entry in your logs:

112 User does not exist [user id: 1]

Did you recreate the container?

I’m not in private tab. I’ve tested it in chrome normal tab, windows desktop and android app. All the same.

Recreate doesn’t solve it

Yes, but does it work if you check it in a private tab?

Can you share your config?

Sorry, i didn’t understand it. It works in private mode.
My config is my docker compose?

Yes, your docker compose file.

If it works in a private tab then it will probably work when you clear the local storage of your browser and try again.

version: ‘3’

services:
db:
image: postgres:13
environment:
PUID: 1027
PGID: 100
POSTGRES_PASSWORD: secret
POSTGRES_USER: vikunja
volumes:
- /volume3/docker/vikunja/db:/var/lib/mysql
restart: unless-stopped
api:
image: vikunja/api
environment:
VIKUNJA_DATABASE_HOST: db
VIKUNJA_DATABASE_PASSWORD: secret
VIKUNJA_DATABASE_TYPE: postgres
VIKUNJA_DATABASE_USER: vikunja
VIKUNJA_DATABASE_DATABASE: vikunja
VIKUNJA_SERVICE_JWTSECRET: XXXX
VIKUNJA_SERVICE_FRONTENDURL: https://XXXXX.synology.me/
ports:
- 3456:3456
volumes:
- /volume3/docker/vikunja/data:/app/vikunja/files
depends_on:
- db
frontend:
image: vikunja/frontend
ports:
- 4441:80
environment:
VIKUNJA_API_URL: https://XXXXX.synology.me/api/v1

You’re using postgres but the volume you use to store the data is pointing to the path of a mysql database. That means every time you recreate your stack it will remove all data.

Check out one of the examples for the correct path: Full docker example | Vikunja

I’ve edited the docker compose to this new one. Also i’ve deleted db folder.

Docker compose

But if fails with another errors. The web loads, but I can’t create an account with error “Internal sever error” in the same web.

Vikunja API log 2

Finally it’s working. But it shows this on logs

2023-10-13 18:37:44.416 UTC [208] ERROR: relation “users” does not exist at character 447
2023-10-13 18:37:44.416 UTC [208] STATEMENT: SELECT “id”, “name”, “username”, “password”, “email”, “status”, “avatar_provider”, “avatar_file_id”, “issuer”, “subject”, “email_reminders_enabled”, “discoverable_by_name”, “discoverable_by_email”, “overdue_tasks_reminders_enabled”, “overdue_tasks_reminders_time”, “default_project_id”, “week_start”, “language”, “timezone”, “deletion_scheduled_at”, “deletion_last_reminder_sent”, “frontend_settings”, “export_file_id”, “created”, “updated” FROM “users” WHERE “username”=$1 LIMIT 1
2023-10-13 18:38:36.612 UTC [210] ERROR: relation “users” does not exist at character 447
2023-10-13 18:38:36.612 UTC [210] STATEMENT: SELECT “id”, “name”, “username”, “password”, “email”, “status”, “avatar_provider”, “avatar_file_id”, “issuer”, “subject”, “email_reminders_enabled”, “discoverable_by_name”, “discoverable_by_email”, “overdue_tasks_reminders_enabled”, “overdue_tasks_reminders_time”, “default_project_id”, “week_start”, “language”, “timezone”, “deletion_scheduled_at”, “deletion_last_reminder_sent”, “frontend_settings”, “export_file_id”, “created”, “updated” FROM “users” WHERE “username”=$1 LIMIT 1

I don’t know if i need to solve this. I don’t want that app fails again

Can you run docker compose exec api ./vikunja migrate, restart and check if it works?