Vikunja Api not starting after latest update

Hello,

excited by new version with a fix for a issue I encountered, I just updated to latest Docker image from previous. But API refuse to start with the following errors.

2023/07/10 20:31:53 No config file found, using default or config from environment variables.
2023-07-10T20:31:53.570807968Z: CRITICAL	▶ migration/Migrate 051 Migration failed: migration 20221113170740 failed: pq: column "list_id" does not exist
info: creating the new user vikunja with 1000:1000
usermod: no changes

Normale docker installation, postgres database, vikunja user has superuser rights.

There is something I need to accomplish?

Thanks

Does it work if you restore the backup from before the update and try again?

Unfortunately I don’t think I have a backup. There i something I can do?

You could do the migration manually. You’d need to look at the code here and do all the steps manually. It probably crashed mid-way in a previous attempt.
Once you’re done, you need to add 20221113170740 to the migrations table.

But please, get a proper backup strategy in place! I even built a tool for database backups in docker: konrad/docker-db-backup - docker-db-backup - Gitea

1 Like

Thanks, the migration stopped after column rename but before table rename.

It is possible that this was caused by vikunja database user not having superuser right at the time of first migration attempt? My vikunja database user is “just” the database owner…

You are right about backup, but I just installed the software few days ago for experimenting. But I’m going to setup a backup now.

Thanks again

Hi, we have an API error too… we self-host on Cloudron and most of our users have this message appear.

@Promentum Is this the problem you’re facing?