How to access Vikunja docker-compose container from my home network

The frontend should work if you open it again in a browser where you opened it previously (It’s cached pretty aggressively).

Sometimes the containers take a while to initialize, I suspect that’s what was happening here.

It will be great if ENV variables could be added:

SSL_CERTIFICATE
SSL_CERTIFICATE_KEY

For some reasons the only port listed for the container is 80.

That’s done on purpose.

The frontend container itself is only concerned with serving the frontend files, nothing more. If you’re using the container you’ll likely have a reverse proxy in place that can handle tls termination in any flavour you want much better than what we can include in the container directly. If you’re not using docker, you need to set up an nginx or apache anyway to host it and these do a much better job at providing tls.
Also, if you want to serve the frontend files behind a tls connection you’ll also need to serve the api behind one. At that point you’ll have to use a proxy anyway and at that point it’s a lot easier to use the same proxy for api and frontend anyway.

It’s just adding additional complexity I’d like to keep out of Vikunja because I don’t see its responsibility in these things.