Nested lists for better organizined tasks

Hello team,

I believe it’s going to be an extremely useful feature to be able to nest lists under a given namespace. This way, one can far better organize projects/tasks.

You mean adding a list to a list (as some kind of “sub-list”)?

Currently you can only have one level nesting - each namespace can only contain one level of lists, nothing deeper. Do you mean to break this up?

Yeah, I mean nested levels of lists (sub-lists, sub-sub-lists, etc…).
This will allow building complex project structure.

That’s quite a complex feature. I thought of implementing this on top of namespaces (nesting namespaces) at some point.
What makes it so complicated is the rights calculations since all lists inherit their rights from their namespace. Theoretically with multiple levels of nested lists/namespaces, this would need to go all the way up the tree to figure out if a user has the right to see a list. This could be improved with some kind of caching, but makes it complex nonetheless.

It may be implemented one day, but I wouldn’t say soon. On the other hand, PRs welcome :upside_down_face:

Well, I don’t think you would need to go all the way up “through” the tree. My limited understanding is that you could just check the rights on the parent root node (whether it’s a namespace or a list). But maybe I’m wrong.

Anyway, I would love to contribute (PR) to your app as I really like it, but I’m actually not a pro. I’m just an enthusiast with very humble programming abilities :slight_smile:

The thing is you’d need to go up the tree until you find a node that has rights to allow or deny the rights for the user. That may be improved with caching or some clever hacks around it, but it is not an easy problem to solve.

Anyway, I would love to contribute (PR) to your app as I really like it, but I’m actually not a pro. I’m just an enthusiast with very humble programming abilities :slight_smile:

Everyone starts as a beginner :upside_down_face:
There are always simple things like improving docs or small design improvements if you want to contribute something.

I registered just to say that i support this feature request :- )