Move lists between namespaces?

Hey. New user to Vikunja. I realize that I can move tasks between lists fairly easily, but is there a way to move lists between namespaces? I started off creating everything under a single namespace, but as I realized the need for more organization, I wanted to move some of my lists under a more appropriate namespace, organizationally speaking.

Is this something that can currently be done?

Thanks.

1 Like

That’s something that’s currently not implemented.

PRs welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

I mean, I accomplished what I needed to by changing one field in the database. I’m no good with web development, but in backend stuff, I’m fairly competent.

I think having this makes sense though - I’ve added that to the backlog.

+1, seems a very handy feature (having the same issue myself, now let’s see that backend - hope not to mess anything)

EDIT: seems I haven’t messed it up! Just had to publish the database port in my docker-compose and then I could access the DB in my external editor and change the namespace_id value.

This was one of the first task I tried to complete during my tests. I found a quick way, maybe many of you use the same trick, I just copy the list in the new namespace and delete the first one.

I know this is not a clean solution and maybe a possible cause of cluttering for the DB, but it works for me, while waiting for a more robust solution.