I would love to get more UI Hotkeys. These are the ones I came up with:
x to open the delete dialog for this task
s to open a dialog for a new task that has the current task as parent task (basically creating a subtask)
? to show the hotkeys modal (clicking ? again closes it)
Strg+ to open a dialog to quickly create a new task in default list (I’m not sure which hotkey would be the best…)
Improved List Navigation:
- Currently gn goes to the list view. We could advance this by allowing for a number prefix of this to then go to this specific list.
- So 1gn goes to the first list in your namespace
- 25gn goes to the 25. List
- The same is applicable for Favorites and even for the tasks in a list (3gf goes to the 3. favorite, 5gt goes to the 5. task, …)
- But maybe start with the Lists
While it’s great to be able to get to it from the command menu, I just think it would be even better if it has a direct shortcut, given the fact that it’s probably the most common command/action in the application.
On F4, you are correct, the hotkey is in case it lost focus. I just picked F4 as it is the hotkey in most browser to focus on the search/address-bar.
What do you mean by this? What I would like to see is pressing Esc while in a Input field (edit Task, new task for this List, Add label to task, etc.) and it looses focus. Currently when adding a label to a task I have to do:
enter label name
press <CR> to save it
Now I’m still in the label field. I would like to get out of it by pressing Esc, but it doesn’t work So I have to use the mouse. I hate using the mouse
Did you try the command palette?
The one opened with Ctrl-K? Yes, I tried it. And while it is possible to add a new task here with: