Hello, I just installed Vikunja to try it out. Am using docker with a sqlite database. Noticed the following behavior after a fresh install (actually, after multiple fresh install attempts)
- Immediately after installation, there are no lists. Create two lists: Personal and Work. ← Works fine.
- At this point, there is no ‘Default list’ in the user settings. So adding a task with no #listname does not work. I think there is a message that a default list should be specified in settings. ← That is fine.
- Adding tasks with #Personal or #Work correctly adds them to the corresponding list. ← As expected.
- Now go to Settings and specify the Default list as Personal and hit Save.
- From this point on, regardless of which #list is specified when creating a task, it will go to the Personal list.
- Even if you enter a non-existent list when creating a task e.g. #no-such-list , the task will still go to the Personal list and it will not throw any errors (the Quick Add magic ‘What?’ help page says an error will be thrown if the list does not exist. This does not happen.)
- Now go to the settings and change the default list from ‘Personal’ to ‘Work’. Hit Save and go back to the Overview page.
- Now, any task added will go to the Work list, regardless of any #list used when creating it.
- Interestingly, if you try to remove the default list in the settings i.e. go to the settings page, delete the name of the default list previously specified so that the input field is blank, and hit Save, it does not work. You do get a green-background message saying that preferences are saved (or something like that). But if you then navigate away from the settings page (e.g. by going the Overview page) and then head back to Settings, you’ll not see a blank default list… it’ll be whatever value it had before you attempted to remove the default list.
Could someone verify this behavior? This makes Vikunja very bothersome to use, because I have multiple lists, but Quick Adding to a particular list with #listname simply does not work.